March 31, 2020
After a long discussion, we have decided to go ahead and open registration on April 2nd as planned. We have looked at the data and the massive worldwide efforts on anti-virals, vaccines, and global mitigation. While the state of the world isn’t certain for Fall, we think that the COVID-19 pandemic will have ebbed, and hopefully minimally impact Project Horseshoe. At this point we are still planning on hosting the event at the Meyer B&B outside of San Antonio. We take your safety seriously, and if we cancel Project Horseshoe this fall, either because we are required to, or we feel it is the right thing to do, your Horseshoe 2020 registration fee will be rolled over to next year.
If you are registered to attend Horseshoe this year, and you need to cancel due to one of the following circumstances:
- In order to comply with disease control restrictions implemented by relevant governmental or health authorities,
- In order to perform medical or caretaking duties in connection with the COVID-19 outbreak for relatives or family members,
- As a result of flight or ground transportation cancellations initiated by an airline or ground transportation provider due to the COVID-19 outbreak,
- In the event that you are subject to governmental or corporate travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 outbreak,
- In the event that you are diagnosed or suspected of being infected with COVID-19 by a medical or health authority,
You will have the option of transferring your attendance to another representative of your company, selling your spot to another alumni, or crediting your registration fee to 2021. We will waive the late change fee if you need to transfer your attendance less than two weeks out; and if you have to cancel within those two weeks without a replacement, we will apply 100% of your registration fee to the following year.
We look forward to celebrating fifteen years of solving game design’s toughest problems.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
All the best,
Teresa Avallone & Linda Law