Project Horseshoe is a think-tank style conference addressing the industry-wide challenges of modern game design.
Come be a part of an elite group of brilliant minds working to positively influence the art and science of game design. We combine intense and effective workgroup techniques with Texas-sized hospitality in an all-inclusive event that may change your life.
This is an invitation-only event. If you know someone who should be invited, please contact Teresa Avallone.
Project Horseshoe 2013:
Frank Lantz, Director, NYU Game Center
"Hearts and Minds"
Stone Librande, Creative Director, EA/Maxis
"Game < Design (less game, more design)"
Katherine Isbister, Associate Professor, New York University Game Center; Research Director, NYU-Poly Game Innovation Lab
"GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL! - Designing Games for Everyone Around the Player(s)"
- Identify the biggest issues/problems in the area of game design.
- Attack 3-6 of those issues/problems in facilitated workgroups.
- Create reports including action items.
- Take accountability for those action items.
- Follow up on action items after the conference.